Texas Startup Blog lists some advice for would-be entrepreneurs:
- Commit 13 months to making the business a success.
- Prepare your family for the 13 month committment and get their buy-in.
- Work on and in your business for 12 hours a day (including weekends).
- Be prepared not to make any money for the first 13 months.
- Be prepared to change your business plan over and over until you get it right.
- Be prepared to do everything yourself.
- Be prepared to fight with your partners, spouse, friends and family.
- Realize that before you succeed it will seem like you have failed – don’t give up.
- Realize that if it was easy everyone would do it…
The most interesting point in the above list that a lot of entrepreneurs dont realize is that they might have to change their business plan over and over until they get it right. Its not shameful to not get the right business plan the first time. The shameful part would be to give up without trying. The ones who succeed are the ones who keep trying no matter what.