David Sifry of Technorati, shares some stats related to the blogosphere. Here are the key stats:
- More than 57 million blogs
- 55% of all blogs are active. They get updated once every 3 months.
- 100,000 new blogs are created everyday
- 1.3 million new posts everyday
- Top 5 blogs are news sites – New York Times, Yahoo News, CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post. Infact about more than 40 of the top 50 blogs are news related sites
- English and Japanese remain the two most popular languages in the blogosphere
- Blogosphere is doubling in size approximately every 230 days