It’s been more than two months since I wrote a “Help Needed” post on this blog and we’ve still not been able to hire a couple of good engineers. Most of the Junior candidates exhibit the same pattern more or less –
- 2 or 3 years of experience
- 4-5 job hops in a span of 2 – 2.5 years and still looking to jump (these people would put white-shoes Jeetendra to shame)
- Most recent jump was 4-5 months ago (one guy had already job hopped between the time he submitted the resume and we phone screened him, and he matter of factly said that he would jump again if he got selected!)
- Expect a dugna lagaan (2x) hike
- Working on off-shore fancy-name projects with big name clients
- Most of them doing “monkey work”. Very weak fundas and no idea of “how things work”.
- Afraid of saying “I don’t know” for the things they have nary a clue about.
- Bad phone ettiquete. One guy disconnected our call to take the call on the other line. I know it sounds sad :-(
Makes me wonder, WTF?
btw, we are still hiring and our simple and concise requirements are listed here.